While our original spec results in our idea of the perfect bike, we can’t wait to see what yours looks like. Whether you’re looking to run vintage XTR with bar end shifters for touring, you’re a Campy person, or you want to migrate parts over from a past bike, our frameset lets you build your unique version of the OB1.
- Frame and fork (including bolts and spare frame hardware)
- Spare derailleur hanger (we'd hate to leave you hanging)
Compatible with mechanical 1x, electronic 1x and 2x drivetrains only. Not compatible with mechanical front derailleurs
Want help building your perfect bike? Schedule a consult with one of our resident bike nerds to discuss your fit and chat about your build.
With nimble yet stable endurance geometry, the OB1 is truly a do it all machine.
Chase down roadies, explore some new singletrack, or load up for a long adventure. Join the N=1 revolution.
Current lead time: Frames ship in 2-4 weeks depending on size and color.
Frame modules require full assembly. We strongly suggest using a professional
mechanic to build your bike to ensure you get a safe and reliable machine.
Why you'll love the OB1
- Endurance road geometry for all day comfort and balanced handling.
- Dropper post compatible 27.2mm seat tube.
- Clearance for high volume tires up to 650B x 47mm and 700C x 40mm for exceptional traction and a smooth ride.
Click on the name of each component to learn more about why we chose it. Every detail is chosen for the optimal balance of performance, durability, and serviceability.
To learn more about our approach, check out how we built a high-end carbon dream bike.
- Spirited yet stable endurance road geometry
- Clearance for 650B x 47mm or 700C x 40mm
- Mounting points for (5) cages, fenders, a bento, and more
- Up to 46T or 50/34T chainrings
- Round 27.2 seat tube with traditional seat post clamp
- Construction: Reinforced Toray 800/700
- 1145g +/-5% (medium black w/o hardware)
WHY WE CHOSE ITFrom road to gravel to travel, our OB1 frameset is ready for every road. Its sleek road-bike design hides clearance for wide dirt tires and discreet mounting points for bags, fenders, extra bottles, and everything else you may need along the ride. From reinforcement at every hole and boss, to anti-corrosive fiberglass where carbon meets metal, to bolt-secured aluminum cable guides, we've invested in the details to deliver you performance without compromise.
- Accommodations for fenders, headlight, and cages
- Clearance for 650B x 47mm and 700C x 40mm tires
- Steersafe-reinforced carbon steerer
- 12x100mm thru-axle dropouts
- Reinforced Toray 800/700 carbon construction
- 445g fork | 45g SteerSafe
WHY WE CHOSE ITWe created SteerSafe to ensure your carbon steerer is fully supported against stem clamping forces. SteerSafe is an aluminum tube with built-in starnut that gets bonded into our carbon steerers at the factory. To shorten a SteerSafe equipped steerer, simply cut through the carbon and aluminum layers using a guide and a carbon-specific blade as you would a normal carbon steerer, then use ultra-fine sandpaper to create a smooth, slightly rounded edge. Finish by torquing the lubricated stem bolts to 5 Nm.
Note that we pre-cut our steerers to an exposed length of ~69mm, then bond in our SteerSafe insert from there. We do this to prevent folks from using a tall stack of spacers below a downward-pointed stem, as this can lead to imprecise steering. Those needing a more upright position should start be flipping the stem. Should this prove insufficient despite the OB1s relatively tall head tube, we recommend sourcing a 17 degree stem in order to maintain steering precision.
- Hollow bolt-on
- 6mm hex head
- Strong and durable 7075 alloy
- Just ~80g per set
WHY WE CHOSE ITOur hollow bolt-on thru-axles are machined from ultra-premium 7075 aluminum for strength, durability, and ease of wheel removal at less than half the weight of levered designs.
- Integrated look
- Traditional clamping interface for even distribution of forces
WHY WE CHOSE ITOB1's seat clamp achieves its integrated look while utilizing a traditional clamping interface that, unlike proprietary integrated designs, evenly distributes clamping forces to avoid seatpost creaking, slipping, or cracking.
- Stainless steel cartridge bearings
- Sealed upper cap
- Split crown race
- Upper: 41.8x30.5x8 | 45°x45°
- Lower: 51.9x40x8 | 45°x45°
WHY WE CHOSE ITDesigned for durability, our lightweight integrated headset features premium stainless steel bearings to prevent corrosion in wet and muddy conditions. The sealed top cap provides an extra barrier to water penetration and its replaceable aluminum split crown race protects the carbon steerer crown from wear while being less prone to creaking than non-split races.
- Rigid for use with long-cage derailleurs
- Axle threads directly into the hanger
- Extra included just in case
WHY WE CHOSE ITFlexy derailleur hangers compromise shifting and are quick to fail. The OB1's is stiff and strong to withstand the greater loads placed on it by today's long-cage derailleurs and wide range cassettes, but will still sacrifice itself to protect the derailleur and frame in the event of a major impact. And don't worry - we include an extra just in case. Mounting points for all your gear:
- 2 bottle mounts in the front triangle
- 1 bottle mount below the downtube
- 1 bento mount on the top tube
- 2 bottle mounts on the fork blades
- Front and rear fender mounts (seat stay bridge included)
- Wide central clamping area on handlebar
Max weight of rider + gear: 125kg (275lbs)
All figures in millimeters unless otherwise indicated.
What they're saying about the OB1
"I've been playing bikes for over twenty years now. This bike inspires a mix of speed, fun and confidence I've never felt before. I had high expectations for this bike, and I’m happy to say it has blown me away." - Rachel C.
“I've been loving my OB1. It's opened up a whole other world of riding for me with many new places to explore. Every time I'm on a new trail, I'm blown away by the beauty of the new places I'm discovering, excited to go out and try a route I've never done before and very thankful I have the OB1 to take me to all these places I previously couldn't go to before.” - Andy W.