We designed the OB1 to be the ultimate one bike for every road. That's why the OB1 frameset is snappy, responsive, spirited on the road, and confidence-inspiring on the dirt. With an endurance road geometry, clearance for wide 650B tires, and mounting points for all your gear, the OB1 frameset is optimized for performance and serviceability and built to last a long time.
From road to gravel to travel, our OB1 frameset is ready for every road. Its sleek road-bike design hides clearance for wide dirt tires and discreet mounting points for bags, fenders, racks, extra bottles, and everything else the ride demands. From reinforcement at every hole and boss, to anti-corrosive fiberglass where carbon meets metal, to bolt-secured aluminum cable guides, we've invested in the details to deliver you performance without compromise.
- Endurance road geometry
- Clearance for 650B x 47mm or 700C x 40mm tires
- Discreet mounting points for: (5) bottle cages, racks, fenders, bento, and clip-on accessories
- Clean internal routing for hoses and full cable housings, with foam sleeves sheathing for sound dampening
- Round, dropper-ready 27.2 seat tube
- Accommodates up to 46t single or 50/34t double chainrings
- Reinforced Toray 800/700 blend carbon construction
- Fiberglass anti-corrosive layer at seatpost, bottom bracket, and headset interfaces
- 1145g +/- 5% (medium, black finish, frame w/o hardware)
We created SteerSafe to ensure your carbon steerer is fully supported against stem clamping forces. SteerSafe is an aluminum tube with built-in starnut that gets bonded into our carbon steerers at the factory. To shorten a SteerSafe equipped steerer, simply cut through the carbon and aluminum layers using a guide and a carbon-specific blade as you would a normal carbon steerer, then use ultra-fine sandpaper to create a smooth, slightly rounded edge. Finish by torquing the lubricated stem bolts to 5 Nm.
- Steersafe -equipped carbon steerer
- Clearance for 650b x 47mm | 700c x 40mm tires
- Discreet bosses for fenders, racks, and (2) bottles
- 12mm thru axle dropouts
- Reinforced Toray 800/700 carbon construction
- 545g +/-5% fork, 45g SteerSafe (eliminates compression plug)
THESIS Ultralight Bolt-On Thru Axle Set
Each thru axle is machined from a single billet of ultra-premium 7075 aluminum. With a built-in washer for smooth installation, our bolt-on thru-axles offer stiffness, security, and easy wheel removal without the extra ~100g of weight of levered designs and uses your cycling multitool's 6mm hex wrench.
- Hollow bolt-on with 6mm hex head
- Thread length and pitch matched to OB1 frame/fork
- 12mm front | rear
- Machined 7075 aluminum
- 82g +/- 5% per set
THESIS 2-Piece Aluminum Interlocking Bottom Bracket
Cheap plastic "Press Fit" bottom brackets need to die. Bottom brackets experience extreme loads under harsh conditions. Yet despite years of complaints, many companies are still pressing cheap plastic "Press Fit" or "PF" BB shells directly into their frames to cut cost without you noticing. This practice predictably results in poor bearing alignment and support, increased friction under load, accelerated wear, creaking, and in extreme cases even irreparable damage to the frame.
Our precision-milled aluminum bearing cups thread into each other to create a stiff, robust, and perfectly aligned shell to support our widely-spaced, large-ball cartridge bearings. It's the same $70+ solution that mechanics turn to when others' Press Fit BBs fail. Sure, it adds a few grams and quite a bit of cost, but the result is an efficient-under-load, durable, and easily serviceable BB that won't let you down.
- Precision-milled aluminum shell
- Premium stainless steel sealed cartridge bearings
- Wide BB386 bearing stance
THESIS Ultralight 3D Forged Seatpost
OB1's seatpost weighs less than some carbon posts yet is safe to use with clamp-on accessories like bikepacking seat bags. Its quill is forged from a single billet of ultra-premium 2014-T6 aluminum for excellent strength to weight. The 2-bolt head and oversized lower clamp plate offer superior saddle security, support, and micro-adjustability.
This seatpost can be shortened using a standard steerer cutting guide and 32TPI hacksaw blade. Just be sure that there's at least 105mm of insertion into the frame (more is better) and that you sand or file the cut edges to round them off and remove burrs.
- 1-piece 3D forged 2014-T6 aluminum quill
- Micro-adjustable 2-bolt clamp
- Broadly supportive lower clamp
- 0 offset to match OB1's 73° seattube angle
- 230g +/-5% (400mm), 210g +/-5% (350mm)
THESIS Ultralight Stem
A top-of-the-line stem equivalent to others retailing at $100 or more, our 7050-series aluminum stem is strong and stiff yet lighter than others' $250+ carbon stems.
- 3D forged 7050 aluminum
- 7° angle
- 105g (100mm)
Choice of: 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 mm lengths
Need help determining size and fit? Our friends at Geometry Geeks make it easy to compare the OB1 with your current bike.
|D||Effective Top Tube||515||531||547||570||591|
|G||Head Tube Angle||70°||71°||72°||72°||72°|
|I||Fork Axle to Crown||385|
|L||Seat Tube Angle||73°|
|Max Exposed Steerer||90|