We believe that mechanics, fitters, and shops are the unsung heroes of our industry. That's why we're creating ways to honor and compensate local professionals to promote Thesis.
We're building a network of preferred partners. As a member of our network, you get listed as a recommended business for Thesis for sales, service, fits, and maintenance.. You'll get demo bike perks. Best of all, we pay you for every customer you send our way.
Read on below to learn more about the program and how to apply.
We want to build a network of bicycle professionals that are passionate about the Thesis brand and want to promote Thesis within their community and interested customers.
No required inventory, no debt, no model years.
We pay your business a 10% commission for customers who purchase a bike through you. We will pay mechanics $300 for a frame up build and fitters $75 for completing the finishing touches on the bike. Orders must be shipped to your address to earn the build fee.
We’ll list you as a local business that will welcome them with open arms.
- We’ll sell you demo bikes at cost. You can take advantage of this to put them in your window displays, offer them for test rides, or use the deal for your own bike. It's up to you.
Want to learn more? Watch our interview with PBMA founder James Stanfill, or read our blog post on why we built this program.
Requirements to join the program
We want interested customers and our riders to have the best possible experience with the local businesses we partner with. Because of this, we are working hard to build a network of businesses who have a high level of experience in their craft, are customer focused first, and can resonate with our values of integrity, transparency, and inclusion. This is a selective process, and only the top candidates will be invited to join us.
We are looking for partners who:
- Have experience or interest in selling direct to consumer brands.
- Have an active social media presence and interest in promoting Thesis within your community.
- Have an active presence in your cycling community. Maybe hosting group rides, events, volunteer, workshops, clinics etc.
- Can nominate at least one experienced mechanic or fitter to act as a qualified Thesis representative to perform builds and service. Mechanics should have at least 3 years of experience as a senior or lead mechanic in a shop or for a race team, with specific experience routing and bleeding SRAM road hydraulic braking systems. He or she will handle all service work for Thesis customers. Recommended PBMA Certification Level 2 or equivalent. Check out PBMA certification.
- Have liability insurance that covers your work, and hold the licenses/permits needed to operate in your jurisdiction.
- Can confirm that you have all of the required tools and supplies needed for Thesis service.
- Have a rockin' reputation in the community and can provide 1-2 customer references if needed.
- Resonate with our mission to create a healthy, friendly, inclusive bike industry.
- Are based in the United States and at least 18 or older to participate.
How to apply
To start the process:
- Business owners/managers, please fill out this initial application so we can learn more about your business.
- Once the form is filled out, we review your application. Businesses who meet all requirements listed above will be invited to a phone interview.
- After our first conversation, we'll schedule a short phone screen with your nominated mechanic/s or fitter/s.
- You get invited to join the program. Woohoo!