We believe that mechanics, fitters, and shops are the unsung heroes of our industry. That's why we're creating ways to honor and fairly compensate the skilled work done by local professionals.
We're building a network of preferred partners. As a member of our network, you get listed as a recommended business for Thesis riders for service, fits, and maintenance they'll need for their OB1. You'll get demo bike perks. Best of all, we pay you for every customer you send our way.
Read on below to learn more about the program and how to apply.
We know from our years in the industry that a majority of bike shops are making little to no money on the sale of new bicycles. That’s nuts. We want to change that paradigm and get you off the inventory and debt treadmill.
- No inventory, no debt, no model years, and no brand dictating what you do. You’re in control of your own business.
- We pay your business a 10% commission for customers you refer our way. You'll also get paid directly by us to hand-build that customer's bike to the standards only a seasoned professional like you could achieve (a frame-up assembly for mechanic businesses, or the last 10% assembly for fit-only businesses).
- We refer our customers your way whenever they need help down the road. They're looking for local professionals they can trust, and we’ll list you as a local business that will welcome them with open arms.
- We’ll sell you demo bikes at cost. You can take advantage of this to put them in your window displays, offer them for test rides, or use the deal for your own bike. It's up to you.
Want to learn more? Watch our interview with PBMA founder James Stanfill, or read our blog post on why we built this program.
Requirements to join the program
We want our riders to have the best possible experience with the local businesses we partner with. Because of this, we are working hard to build a network of businesses who have a high level of experience in their craft, are service focused as mechanics and/or fitters who put their customers first, and can resonate with our values of integrity, transparency, and inclusion. This is a selective process, and only the top candidates will be invited to join us.
We are looking for partners who:
- Can nominate at least one experienced mechanic or fitter to act as a qualified Thesis representative.
- Mechanics should have at least 3 years of experience as a senior or lead mechanic in a shop or for a race team, with specific experience routing and bleeding SRAM road hydraulic braking systems. He or she will handle all service work for Thesis customers. Recommended PBMA Certification Level 2 or equivalent. Check out PBMA certification.
- Have liability insurance that covers your work, and hold the licenses/permits needed to operate in your jurisdiction.
- Can confirm that you have all of the required tools and supplies needed for Thesis service.
- Have a rockin' reputation in the community and can provide 1-2 customer references if needed.
- Resonate with our mission to create a healthy, friendly, inclusive bike industry.
- Are based in the United States and at least 18 or older to participate.
How to apply
To start the process:
- Business owners/managers, please fill out this initial application so we can learn more about your business.
- Immediately after you fill out the initial application, please nominate your most stellar' team member to be your Thesis qualified representative and have them fill out this form. (If you work for yourself, simply fill out both forms.)
- Once both forms are in, we review your application. Businesses who meet all requirements listed above and have Steps 1 and 2 both completed will be invited to a phone interview.
- After our first conversation, we'll schedule a short technical phone screen with your nominated mechanic or fitter.
- You get invited to join the program. Woohoo!