We created Thesis as an act of rebellion.
We believe finding a great bicycle should be simple and joyful: honest education, fewer decisions, no marketing gimmicks. We create obsessively designed products based on evidence-based thinking. It all started with the OB1, a quiver killer for road, gravel, bikepacking, cyclocross, or touring -- at a fraction of the traditional cost.
But that’s just the beginning. We believe our team members deserve flexible, interesting careers with good work/life balance. We think mechanics, fitters, and bike shops are the unsung heroes of the industry. We want to build a more inclusive, empowering bike industry for all.
Marketing Lead - Remote (US)
Demo Ride Coordinator - this position is closed.
We’re looking for a brilliant marketer to lead the charge to spread the word about Thesis across the world. If you’re an experienced marketing leader who understands the dynamics of the cycling industry and wants to play a major role in changing it for the better, we want to meet you.
This role is remote with infrequent travel. Candidates must be based in the United States.
- Make Thesis a household name. Lead, shape, and execute our full marketing strategy across web presence, paid media, content, social media, word of mouth, growth channels, and events.
- Act as the main voice and visionary for our brand strategy, including web collateral, blogs, videos, and social media.
- Test, iterate, and test again for our targeted messaging, UX, and advertising until we create the perfect customer optimization funnel.
- Manage our press strategy and relationships to drive buzz for the brand.
- Lead our visual language strategy, from photography to UX and UI.
- Lead strategy and execution for events across the country (infrequent travel).
- Forge partnerships with other companies to grow our ecosystem in ways where everyone wins.
- Nice to have:
- Basic web development skills in HTML and CSS.
- Photoshop, Illustrator, or Adobe Lightroom skills.
- Expertise in UX or funnel optimization.
- Visual design experience.
- Photography experience.
- Someone with an entrepreneurial, creative, values-driven ethos. You believe strongly in evidence-based thinking, curiosity, integrity, and empathy. You’re allergic to the idea that things can only be done a certain way just because they’ve always been done that way. You care about the team, community, and mission, not ego or short-term gain. You’re passionate about building a more inclusive and empowering bike industry.
- A brilliant marketer with rich experience in building brands, stories, and movements that grow with contagious momentum.
- A data-driven thinker who can rigorously A/B test for targeted messages across multiple audiences.
- A competent leader who can run our marketing operations like a tight ship. You’re detail-oriented, organized, and great at planning, following up, and making sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- A great storyteller and communicator who can write confidently, persuasively, and with presence.
- A talented relationship builder who makes people feel welcome, seeks ways for everyone to benefit, and coordinates complex networks and stakeholders with ease.
- A collaborative, patient, empathetic team member who is comfortable working with all types of working styles.
- Comfortable working on small, all-hands-on-deck startup teams and growing them over time. Small startups are a different universe from large corporations, requiring very different marketing tactics, and there will be preference given to folks who have experience working in fast-growing startups.
- Flexible on early-stage startup salary with meaningful equity, with potential to grow into a C-level role.
Since a key part of this leadership role is telling powerful, relevant stories to targeted audiences, a very strong preference will be given to candidates who either have prior experience working in the bike industry or are cycling enthusiasts in one of our relevant markets (gravel, road, mountain, cyclocross, touring, bikepacking).
To apply, please drop us a line at email@example.com, and tell us about your cycling journey. We look forward to meeting you.
Demo Ride Coordinator
Thank you for your interest. This position is closed.